PLEASE NOTE: NO CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE
FROM FEBRUARY 13 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANK YOU
“Tell me, I will forget.
Show me, I may remember.
Involve me and I will understand.”
Cognitive Hypnosis Sessions with Clinical Hypnotherapist
Tom Green (MA DipCBH DipEd)
- Hello, and a warm welcome to BANGKOK CHIANG MAI HYPNOTHERAPY SOLUTIONS - a professional, confidential and effective therapy service in Chiang Mai, Thailand’s beautiful capital of the North – serenely peaceful yet easily accessible via its international airport. After two successful years practising in Bangkok I am now offering hypnotherapy in Chiang Mai. As you are looking at this page now, you probably have within you a desire to improve certain aspects of your life in one way or another, and you have probably also heard that hypnosis may be able to help you go in the direction you wish to pursue, and this is how you found this page. Only you yourself are the one who can take heart and make the decision to take steps toward better living, to confidently move in the direction of your dreams. Hypnotherapy is a powerful transformational method to assist you on your path of self-realisation. I am a clinical hypnotherapist offering face-to-face hypnotherapy consultations in Bangkok and Skype-based online counselling sessions worldwide.
- Why choose hypnotherapy? Hypnotherapy is the most immediate tool for changing beliefs and/or behaviours. It is the most effective form of psychotherapy because it will produce the most immediate results. Hypnotherapy is a combination of hypnosis and therapy, and personalised one-to-one sessions are a powerful way to help you reach your goals. Hypnosis itself is not a therapy, but “a real phenomenon with a variety of therapeutic uses” (Scientific American 07/01) that “has a ‘very real’ effect that can be picked up on brain scans” (BBC NEWS 11/09). Thousands of positive experimental and clinical research studies on hypnosis have been published, and hypnotherapy was recognised as an effective treatment by the British Medical Association and American Medical Association in the 1950s and, more recently, by the American Psychological Association and NICE guidance used by the National Health Service in the UK. This is hardly surprising when we consider that one influential study indicated that “the average success rate for hypnotherapy was 93% after an average of 6 sessions; this compared to 72% after an average of 22 sessions for behavior therapy, and 38% after an average of 600 sessions for psychoanalysis.”
- What areas do you specialise in? I am a smoking cessation, weight loss, and anxiety management specialist. While smoking and overeating have a strong habit component to them, they are also often to some extent rooted in anxiety. Free-floating anxiety is largely synonymous with negative stress, which runs rampant in modern societies. I focus on stress relief as well as situational anxiety management (social anxiety, performance anxiety, sexual anxiety, test anxiety) and phobia removal (fear of birds or other animals, fear of flying or other situations, etc). These are not the only issues I can help you with, but they are the ones I work with the most often and the most successfully. In my experience, the vast majority of issues have a stress/anxiety component to them, partly based on habit and party based on faulty thinking (erroneous beliefs). Once this is successfully tackled, there is often a domino effect whereby all sorts of other things can just fall into place. If you are not sure whether I can help you with your issue, contact me for a free consultation. To find out just how good you can feel within just ten minutes of having a deep hypnotic muscle relaxation session, download your free relaxation recording now, so you can experience the benefits for yourself.
- How does hypnotherapy work? Simply put, the only obstacle between you and your goals is you. Hypnotherapy helps you readjust your focus and harness the unlimited potential of your mind – your greatest ally on your path of self-transformation. This video is worth watching if you would like to better understand how hypnotherapy works from a client’s perspective. It was created by the National Council for Hypnotherapists, which represents over 1800 hypnotherapy professionals in the UK alone, and which is committed to ensuring the highest possible standards among its members. Naturally, I am one of them! This is powerful accelerated changework: you really can change your life. If you are looking for a good hypnotherapist working with evidence-based methods in Bangkok, look no further. I am one of very few highly trained Western hypnotherapists in Thailand! Together, we examine what success looks like for you, and then we find ways to make it happen, from the inside out. Enjoy the journey!
- Who is hypnotherapy for? Potentially anyone, really. It benefits people with clinical issues based on unhelpful behavioural patterns (e.g. stopping smoking, nail-biting, overeating, losing weight, alcohol reduction, substance abuse) and stress-related issues (e.g. fears & phobias, exam nerves, perfomance anxiety, public speaking, excessive anger/worry, insomnia, social anxiety, emotional problems, procrastination, relationship issues, sexual dysfunction). It is also ideally suited for people looking to enhance their sports performance or artistic creativity, to define their life goals, to boost confidence or simply to improve their ability to concentrate or relax more fully in general or in specific situations. Whichever area in your life you are seeking to enhance, you can untie the knot and make your goals a reality. Imagine how great it will feel to have made lasting changes!
- Do you use only hypnosis? I integrate hypnotherapy with CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy), both powerful tools designed to help you help yourself. Both have been thoroughly studied, so they present an evidence-based and safe procedure with a proven track record of success. Both are widely used, and they enhance each other’s efficacy when used in conjunction. That’s why they are frequently the treatment of choice for people wishing to create rapid and lasting changes in their lives.
- What can I expect from the sessions? CBT is what is commonly known as “brief therapy” – psychotherapy, counselling and coaching that is solution-focused and firmly rooted in the here and now. Together, we examine the dominant ideas that seem to be holding you back and decide together what sort of adjustments you would benefit from making. In other words, upon first identifying how you see yourself, we proceed to alter this image into a more beneficial and realistic reality that will assist you in becoming the person you truly want to be. CBT is very effective at this, and hypnosis in the hands of a skilled therapist speeds this process up even more. Some people prefer to use the word ‘changework’ instead of ‘therapy’, and in many ways that’s an apt way of looking at what happens during sessions. Typically, 4-6 sessions of 1-2 hours create lasting changes, although many people begin experiencing some improvement after just one session. It is very important to consolidate these early tendencies towards change with further sessions to deepen the experience and to facilitate permanent transformation at a deeper level.
- Do you have any sessions on video that I may see so I know what to expect? Yes, I do. Below is a short demonstration of how I bring a client into trance by using a hypnotic induction followed by a deepening, some direct suggestions for well-being and then safely bring the person back out from the hypnotic state.
SEO OPTIMISATION (key word search): Thailand Hypnotherapy, Hypnosis Thailand, Bangkok, Samui, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Health, Wellness, Thailand, Psychotherapy, Relaxation